In honour of my Mom, and all Mom’s worldwide, Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
by Chuck Breckenridge | May 13, 2017
With the cost of living constantly on the rise, it’s getting harder and harder for moms to say at home with their children.
As the current price of housing, food, child care and everything else skyrockets, millions of women have to forego their dream of being a stay-home mom. Choosing to stay at home can mean a big change in your lifestyle. You and your kids may have to do without many of the extras, and possibly have to give up some essential necessities.
The choice doesn’t have to be that bleak. Mothers everywhere are discovering that owning their own home-based business can bring in plenty of extra cash, while meshing perfectly with the demands of running a house with kids.
My mom worked outside of the home for my entire childhood. Every day after school, my sister and I would prepare the dinner for our parents arrival home from work. My mom dreamed of being a writer and a stay at home mom. Now that she is retired, she is doing just that. It would have been great to have her home after school, watching her write and living her dream. – Chuck Breckenridge
How many moms are doing this? Businesses owned by women have been one of the fastest growing segments of the North American economy in recent years. In fact, women have far outpaced men in new business start-ups for almost 10 years.
Women Owned Business in Canada
- There were 950,000 self-employed women in Canada in 2012, accounting for 35.6% of all self-employed persons.
- The proportion of women-owned businesses that plan to expand their business is generally higher than men.
- Approximately 51% of Aboriginal-owned SMEs belong partly or wholly to women.
- Majority women-owned SMEs represented over $117 billion per annum of economic activity in Canada.
-The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, 2013
Women Owned Business in the United States
- More than 9.4 million firms are owned by women, employing nearly 7.9 million people, and generating $1.5 trillion in sales as of 2015.
- Women-owned firms (51% or more) account for 31% of all privately held firms and contribute 14% of employment and 12% of revenues.
Women Owned Business in Mexico
- As of 2014, just 45 percent of women over age 15 were in the workforce, compared with 80 percent of men.
- On the other hand, in 2014, the Gender Global Entrepreneurship Development Index (Gender GEDI) ranked Mexico 10th out of 30 world economies it reviewed for conditions that foster high-potential female entrepreneurship development.
Here is what a home based business can do to make your life everything you dreamed it could be:
- With your own home based business, you’ll be able to work whenever you like. If your small children nap in the afternoon, you’ll be able to run your business then. If you have time in the evening when your spouse returns home, you can take care of business duties later in the day. It doesn’t matter what hours you choose to work.
- Being your own boss, you can take off whenever you want or need to. You don’t have to get permission from a supervisor to stay home with a sick child, meet friends for coffee, or travel to see out-of-town family. Often, you can work your home business from a laptop computer that goes anywhere you do.
- Most importantly, you can earn lots of additional income. A home business can start small, earning you just a few hundred dollars a month. As you build your business, there is no reason why you can’t earn $5,000, $12,000, even $70,000 per MONTH!
There are countless women who are proving–right now–that making this kind of income from home is truly possible.
Moms everywhere can take control of their lives quickly and effectively with their own home business. This method is working for millions of women all over North America!
A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. ― Agatha Christie, “The Last Séance”
Google stay at home business for moms today for all the business ideas available online.
Want to learn how BreckAdmin can help you with setting up your website, providing you with administrative and copywriting services ? Contact me today!